item1
item1
Angel

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Crustless Quiche … A Boat Recipe Worth Sharing


Wednesday, June 16

Since I left Burson-Marsteller, I have to admit, I’ve become a bit of a “foodie” and have had a lot of fun cooking and exploring new tastes.

I particularly like to cook with local, fresh ingredients … and have been inspired along the way by people like Lydia, Roland’s brother-in-law Stan in Holland, and our neighbor Theresa in the Vermillion Lagoons. All great cooks!

While this certainly is not a food blog, I thought it might be fun to share one recipe that has been a big hit with our guests on Engelenbak … it was given to me by my mother over 20 years ago. It’s simple and therefore great to make on a boat, requires no crust … and produces one of the most scrumptious quiches I’ve ever tasted. You may be tempted to replace the jalapeño with a different ingredient, but don’t – it adds the perfect kick.

This also is what we had Wednesday morning as we were entertained by a group of porpoise off the stern through the galley windows, just before pulling anchor to cruise to Reid Glacier.

Crustless Quiche

¼ cup butter

5 eggs

½ cup cottage cheese

8 oz. grated Monterey Jack Cheese

1 jalapeño pepper diced Paprika

Mix together, pour in dish, top with paprika, and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.

Voila. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Engelenbak

My photo
Engelenbak is a custom-built 62-foot steel trawler ... designed to cruise anywhere in the world.
www.engelenbak.net